I’m really excited to announce that my new Lynda.com course called Building Flash Games with Starling is now live. This set of tutorials shows you how to build a top-down shooter that incorporates all of the major APIs that are part of the framework. It also covers optimization techniques like using object-pools and streamlining collision detection.
Below is a sample list of some of the videos available in this 3-hour course:
- Building the state machine
- Creating the main texture atlas
- Creating the CollisionManager class
- Using the StarlingPool class
- Adding the smoke texture
- Creating and adding bitmap fonts
- Starling optimization techniques
If this sounds interesting go on over to Lynda.com and check it out!